Nigerian musician and actress, Omawumi, clocked 36 on Friday.
She was one of the first people to wish herself a happy birthday.
To celebrate the award-winning singer, here are 10 things to know about her.
- Her real name is Omawumi Megbele
- She hails from Warri in Delta State, South-South Nigeria.
- She graduated with a law degree from the Ambrose Ali University, Ekpoma, Edo State in 2005
- She rose to prominence in 2007 as a contestant on Idols West Africa, coming second to winner, Timi Dakolo.
- Her debut single, ‘In the Music’, inspired by the Kwaito sound of South Africa, was released in 2008.
- She released her first album, Wonder Woman, in 2009 and second album, The Lasso of Truth, in 2015.
- In 2016, she walked out on an interview after the interviewer asked about her alleged smoking and drinking habit.
- She got married to her long-term partner, Tosin Yusuf, at a traditional wedding ceremony in Warri on January 13, 2018 and at the Ikoyi Registry in Lagos three days after.
- She has a daughter named Emmanuella Kamillah Yusuf
- Fellow singer, Waje, is regarded as her best friend in the music industry.