Kaduna State Governor, Nasir el-Rufai, has said that Kaduna-Abuja Highway is now safe for travellers.
El-Rufai said this on Monday after a visit to President Muhammadu Buhari at Aso Villa.
Kaduna-Abuja road has been a hotbed for kidnappers and armed robbers in recent times.
One of such notable kidnappings along the highway was the abduction of chairman of the board of Universal Basic Education Commission (UBEC), Muhammad Abubakar, and his daughter.
However, El-Rufai assured that the road was now safe based on the security measures put in place.
“I want to say here that the initiatives put in place have made the road quite safe now. Anyone can get on that road now.
“I don’t want to go into details of the measures that have already been put in place, but I’m confident of the security measures in place now, so that anyone can be confident to get on the Abuja-Kaduna road now,” El-Rufai said.
“No matter what anyone said last week, I am assuring Nigerians that Kaduna-Abuja road is quite safe now; and will be, so long as the initiatives put in place by the various security agents continue to be in place, details of which I am not willing to disclose.”