The family of Michael Oyedokun, the teacher kidnapped from Community High School, Ahoro-Esinele in Oriire Local Government Area of Oyo State, has appealed to the public to stop sharing videos and pictures related to his death.
In a statement shared on social media on Tuesday, the family said the circulation of the videos and images was causing emotional pain to relatives, especially his children who are currently writing their examinations.
“Please we sincerely appeal to the public and media platforms to kindly reduce or stop sharing the graphic videos and pictures of our beloved uncle,” the statement read.
The family thanked members of the public for their support and sympathy but said the repeated circulation of the content had been difficult for them.
“His children are currently writing their exams and it has been extremely difficult emotionally for them, his elderly loved ones, and all of us his nieces, nephews, cousins and relatives especially as these contents keep appearing on social media,” the statement added.
The family also appealed to people sharing reports about the incident to blur the videos and images or use photographs officially released by them.
“For the sake of our mental and emotional wellbeing, we humbly ask that if it is necessary to post about the incident, please kindly blur the videos/images or make use of the pictures officially released by the family instead,” they said.
Michael Oyedokun was among teachers and students abducted after gunmen invaded the school on May 15.
A video allegedly released by the kidnappers later surfaced online showing the teacher before he was beheaded.
Confirming the incident earlier, Governor Seyi Makinde’s special adviser on media, Suleimon Olanrewaju, said the state government was continuing efforts to rescue the remaining victims.
He said security agencies had arrested about six suspects linked to the kidnapping, including persons suspected to be informants and logistics handlers.
Mr Olanrewaju also said members of the military, Amotekun Corps and local vigilantes involved in rescue operations lost their lives after encountering improvised explosive devices planted by the abductors.
According to him, injured security personnel are receiving treatment while the government will cover their medical expenses.










