The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) also said it that had deployed its officers to assist in providing security during the event.
The convention, billed for Teslim Balogun Stadium, Surulere, will elect the party’s presidential candidate for the 2015 election.
The state Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Ngozi Braide, said “we have enough men on ground who are adequately kitted for the primary.
“We know the responsibility for the process to be credible is rested on us and we are aware of it.
“We are willing, as usual, to discharge that responsibility to the best of our ability just like we have been doing in all other elections.
“We know tomorrow’s election will be a bigger one and we expect more people to come into the state,’’ she said.
“The Commissioner of Police, Kayode Aderanti, was around yesterday to see things for himself and he will be moving around today to monitor the situation again.
“Arrangements have been put in place like traffic control, security, surveillance, sniffer dogs and every other thing needed to ensure a hitch-free convention.
“We are deploying our full arsenal to make sure that the election is credible,” he said.
Also, Chibuzo Mefor, Public Relations Officer, Lagos State Command of NSCDC, said the corps had deployed 500 officers to collaborate with the police to provide security.
He said the officers were already on ground from Tuesday and would keep vigil at the venue ahead of the convention.
The Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA) has also mobilised its personnel to monitor and direct traffic especially in key areas in the state.
A traffic advisory signed by Opeifa alerted that vehicular movement around the convention venue will be affected and congestion expected especially along, Funsho Williams /Western Avenue Surulere, Yaba, Alhaji Masha, and Costain areas.
Vehicles to Surulere
• Vehicles from Lagos Island to Surulere will be directed to exit at Costain to link Surulere via Eric Moore.
• Vehicles from Ikorodu Road, Mushin, Yaba and the Mainland to Surulere will be directed at Ojuelegba to link Surulere via Itire- Lawanson Road or at Iponri via Bode Thomas.
Vehicles from Surulere
• Vehicles to Agege Motor Road, Mushin and Ikorodu Road from Surulere will be directed to Bode Thomas, Eric Moore, Akerele Road, and Itire Lawanson Road to link Western Avenue and Agege Motor Road at Ojuelegba Round About.
Vehicles to Lagos Island
• Vehicles from Surulere, Alhaji Masha and Shitta area to Lagos Island and Apapa will be diverted to Bode Thomas and Eric Moore to link Eko Bridge.
Diversion and partial closure
• The following roads will be partially closed or diverted;
• Funsho Williams/Western Avenue Road from Olumegbon to National Stadium
• Funsho Williams/Western Avenue Road from Alaka to National Stadium
• Alhaji Masha Road from Shitta Roundabout to Alaka,
• Shitta Flyover.
• Parking will be available only at the National Stadium.
Pedestrian access to the convention venue will be restricted to only
• Accredited APC members
• Accredited observers
• Accredited media personnel
Bus shuttles and taxis will be available from hotel and airport to the convention venue