Manny Pacquiao is attempting to negotiate a rematch against Floyd Mayweather for what is set to be his final fight in April.
The Filipino suffered a unanimous points defeat against Mayweather in a bout that failed to live up to its ‘fight of the century’ billing in May.
However, Pacquiao says talks are ongoing with the American’s team over a second fight.
“I don’t know who’s my opponent next but we’re still negotiating about the rematch with Floyd Mayweather, so hoping for that,” he said during a live chat with fans on his Facebook page.
Pacquiao said he was hampered by a shoulder injury against Mayweather in Las Vegas, which saw him undergo rotator cuff surgery after the fight, ruling him out for the rest of the year.
Chief Executive of Mayweather Promotions, Leonard Ellerbe, reiterated earlier this week on Twitter, though, that 38-year-old Mayweather has no intentions to fight again, having announced his retirement after beating Andre Berto last month to take his record to 49-0.
But the undefeated American is yet to vacate his four world titles, while Pacquiao will retire after one more fight on April 9, his promoter Bob Arum said earlier this week, before moving full-time into a political career in the Philippines.
Amir Khan revealed earlier this month that Pacquiao had pulled out of talks between the two camps, though Arum claimed that the Briton is still being considered as a possible opponent.
Arum says Juan Manuel Marquez is also in the frame for what would be a fifth fight against Pacquiao, while undefeated WBO light-welterweight champion Terence Crawford is another option.