My mum didn’t die from candle fire, Jimoh Ibrahim’s brother says

Jimoh Ibrahim

Omofemiwa Ibrahim, mother of billionaire businessman, Jimoh Ibrahim, died from family mismanagement, one of her children, Dipo, has said.

Several media (not had reported on Saturday that she died from fire started out by candle light.

Mr Dipo, who released a brief statement on the incident on Sunday, denied that the deceased was killed by candle fire.

Dipo, however, said he would release a detailed statement later.

“Dipo Jimoh (last born and the closest son of the late mother — Mrs. Theresa Jimoh), who recently graduated from Columbia University and the MD/CEO of Barama Energy Resources, has denounced the root cause of his mother’s death as a result of candle fire and also that her remains were deposited in a morgue by Lagos State Emergency Management Agency.

“Dipo has promised to face any heavyweight individual or group who plans to misinterpret or confuse the populace about the root cause of his mother’s death.

“My mother died as a result of family complications and mismanagement,” the statement read.