Afrobeat star Wizkid, born Ayodeji Balogun, said on Sunday that he would be away from making music for several years.
The musician said in posts on Instagram Story, now deleted, that he would be taking four or five years off the music scene, adding that he is considering taking up football or golf.
This comes after a fan of the singer sent him a direct message on Instagram, asking for new songs.
“Back in 4 years, make una papa chop him money small or maybe five or I fit still go dey play ball now.
“Or make I start dey play golf. fifa or wrestling b*tch! All of una dey craze! Everybody dey mad.
“On some G shit, I hope you mofuckas alright body mind and soul and taking time out to enjoy with your loved ones,” Wizkid wrote in Pidgin English.
Last month, Wizkid buried his mother Juliana Balogun in Lagos. The burial was the talk of the town as music stars, actors, and many in the entertainment industry made appearances at the reception.
This is not the first time Wizkid will be announcing a break from music. In 2019, the singer, via his X account, disclosed his plans to take a break from music, tweeting, “Gone till March! Thank you.”