Police order autopsy on female clubber electrocuted in Obi Cubana’s club

Obi Cubana

The police have ordered that an autopsy be conducted on a woman simply identified as Susan who was electrocuted at the Hustle and Bustle club in the Aminu Kano Crescent area of Wuse, Abuja.

The victim was reportedly leaving the club on Saturday when she tripped and was electrocuted by a metal on the floor of the clubhouse owned by socialite Obi Iyiegbu aka Obi Cubana.

“The case was reported to the police. This is a case of sudden and unnatural death, which investigation is going on,” FCT police spokesperson Josephine Adeh said.

“We are going to carry out an autopsy to determine the cause of death. I cannot tell you the cause of the death now until the investigation and autopsy are completed.”

A friend of the victim’s brother tweeting via the handle @KhalidOshoke accused the management of the club of negligence.

He tweeted, “My friend called me to tell me that his sister died at Hustle and Bustle early this morning. I quickly drove to the premises and I met my friend, friends of the deceased and employees of the Hustle and Bustle at the venue.

“My friend and his people have been at Hustle and Bustle since morning demanding CCTV footage so at least we can know the events that led to her demise. The most astonishing aspect of all this is the fact that the employees keep saying that the manager is the only one with access to the footage and the manager is sleeping.

“My friend’s sister died on the premises and the manager is sleeping; we are still here waiting for him to wake up from his beauty sleep.”

He claimed that after a review of the CCTV footage the club did not report the case to the police.

“We’re all gathered at the police station and the management of Hustle and Bustle sent their facility manager to represent them. Not only did they not report the case, they didn’t accompany the deceased who died on their premises to the hospital. It took the manager seven hours to respond,” he wrote.

The management of the club, however, released a statement on Sunday saying the facility has been closed till further notice.