Spokesman of the Code of Conduct Tribunal Ibraheem Alhassan who issued a controversial statement on alleged assault involving his boss Danladi Umar has been removed.
Mr Alhassan issued the statement after the CCT chairman Umar was caught on video physically assaulting a security guard at Banex Plaza, Wuse 2, Abuja.
Alhassan’s statement was ladened with grammatical blunders and ethnic slurs.
Some of the grammatical errors are “video cliff” instead of “video clip”; “packing lot” instead of “parking lot”; “rode” instead of “rude”; “fixe” instead of “fix”.
In the statement, he had also described the alleged mob that attacked his boss as Biafran boys.
Faced with backlash, Alhassan said he was instructed by Umar to include that Biafran boys attacked him, an order the CCT chairman confirmed to have given.
However, CCT chief registrar Abdumalik Shaibu confirmed to TheCable that Alhassan had been recalled by the Ministry of Information.
Shaibu confirmed that a replacement for Alhassan has already been sent to the tribunal.
“It is true. He was posted to us from there in the first place. I got the news that he has been recalled but there is no official letter yet from the ministry,” he was quoted as saying.
“I was told there is an official letter but we are still waiting for it. A replacement came in last week Friday, and Ibrahim came to introduce him to us.
“We are hoping an official letter will coming this week so that the new person can resume fully.”