President, Living Faith Church Worldwide, also known as Winners’ Chapel, Bishop David Oyedepo, clocked 62 on Tuesday, September 27.
Expectedly, many people have been eulogising his virtues. Notable among the early messages was that of his wife, Faith, who described him as a great giant, who was predestined by God to liberate mankind from the oppressions of the devil.
Oyedepo is a man for some profound words in his own right.
Here are 10 of the powerful quotes he is known to say regularly
- Poverty is not a gift from God but a result of your actions and inactions
- The covenant is God’s hammer for breaking financial hardship. Wealth in the kingdom does not answer to prayers, nor does it have respect for fasting. It only answers to qualitative covenant exercises
- How far you can see determines how far you’ll go
- Every star is known to be a thinker and every committed thinker is bound to be a star
- Dedication is the mystery behind distinction. How dedicated you are determines how distinguished you will ever become in the kingdom
- Until you know what is written, you cannot control what is happening.
- Stop begging issues; take responsibility so you don’t end up a liability. Be anxious for nothing but seek ye first God’s kingdom.
- I’m blessed. You get angry, that’s your fault. He can’t stop blessing me because I’m doing what commits Him to keep blessing me no matter how angry anyone gets.
- My phone doesn’t ring out and it doesn’t vibrate. I only know somebody is calling when I look toward that place. Sometimes, somebody could stand in my office for about 15 minutes without me knowing, because I’m working on my assignment. If you are not a hard worker, you will live a hard life. It is hard work that makes high fliers.
- Heaven has no shareholders; you can only get there on God’s terms. Nobody can outgrow repentance.”