Home News We’re working behind the scenes to settle Davido, Sophia’s fight – Dele...

We’re working behind the scenes to settle Davido, Sophia’s fight – Dele Momodu

Dele Momodu
Dele Momodu

Media entrepreneur and Ovation International publisher Dele Momodu has said moves are being made to settle the dispute between singer Davido and Sophia Momodu, mother of his first child, Imade.

Mr. Momodu, who is currently in Liberia, made this known in an Instagram post on Thursday while explaining the purpose of his visit to the country.

“Here in Liberia, Davido is treated as the god of music,” he wrote, noting the reception the singer received during the trip.

He added that his visit was primarily to commiserate with former Liberian Vice President Jewel Howard-Taylor over the death of her son, Charles Taylor Jr.

The 65-year-old said that despite the condolence visit, he had been flooded with messages concerning the custody dispute between Davido and Sophia.

“Since landing here, I have been inundated with messages from fans of David, and ladies who love Sophia Momodu to bits… One of them is this ‘fashion designer’ who said I should step in and settle the ‘quarrels,’” he wrote, indicating public interest in the matter.

Responding to the calls for intervention, Momodu assured that discussions are ongoing.

“My dear Sister, thanks so much. Nothing to worry about. Everything is going to be alright… We are working behind the scenes. Pls, keep everyone in your prayers,” he stated.

Dele Momodu is Sophia’s uncle and has been involved in supporting her during the custody case with Davido, which is before a Lagos State court.

Earlier, Punuka Attorneys & Solicitors, representing Sophia, warned against statements directed at its partner, Ebelechukwu Enedah, over her conduct during proceedings.

The firm said the matter is sub judice and will be decided by the court based on evidence and law.

The warning followed social media posts by Davido criticising remarks made during cross-examination about his late son.

The singer later said he would withdraw the case, stating that he had sought joint custody and that “nobody won, nobody lost, but Imade.”